Director of Human Resources and Legal Recruitment Kaye Daugherty Presents at the NALP Annual Conference
04.27.18 | Permalink
The presentation focused on how law firms and law schools can work together to develop uniquely fulfilling, beneficial, and better informed professional development programming. The team of presenters included:
- Kaye Daugherty, Director of Human Resources and Legal Recruitment, Rumberger Kirk & Caldwell, P.A.
- Korey Henson, Associate Director of Career & Professional Development, Stetson University College of Law
- Linda Vandercook, Director of Professional Development & Recruitment, Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Commit - Be committed to the students, to the law school, and to the employers. All perspectives are a little different, but we’re either committed or we are not. It does not work unless you are “all in.”
- Communicate –Communication is key, always - Increasing and improving communication between law schools and recruiting professionals strengthens relationships, which in turn improves recruiting results. It’s a win for students, a win for law schools, and a win for law firms.
- Invest the time - Having the right people in the right positions who are willing to invest the time needed (travel, phone calls, participating in special events on campus and at the law firms, actively attending conferences) is critical.
- Gain support - The decision-makers (and those who approve expenditures) at the law schools and law firms must “buy in” to the importance of establishing opportunities for being present and participating in activities at the schools and at the law firms. It works both ways.
01.18.19 Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell Serves up the Winning Chili Recipe Read Article >>
01.11.19 Freedom High School Students Get a Glimpse into the Legal Field Read Article >>
12.19.18 Courage, Redemption and Overcoming Challenges are Three of the Overriding Themes in a New Novel by Paul Lipton Read Article >>
12.13.18 Spreading Joy Across the Globe: Rumberger, Kirk, & Caldwell Shipped 74 Packages to U.S. Military Troops Serving Overseas Read Article >>
11.15.18 Digging Deeper: Steve Smith Talks about the Evolution of Trials and his Outdoor Trails Read Article >>
10.10.18 Brett Carey Welcomes the Challenges and Diversity of His Practice Read Article >>
10.08.18 Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell Welcomes Six Associates Read Article >>
10.01.18 Celebrating Diversity in the Workplace: Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell Honors Hispanic American Attorneys during National Hispanic Heritage Month Read Article >>
09.28.18 Congratulations to our Newest Attorneys: Robert Barton, Claudia Cuador and Timothy ‘T.J.' Harvey Read Article >>
09.24.18 A Closer Look at Jack Weiss Read Article >>