Director of Human Resources and Legal Recruitment Kaye Daugherty Presents at the NALP Annual Conference
04.27.18 | Permalink
The presentation focused on how law firms and law schools can work together to develop uniquely fulfilling, beneficial, and better informed professional development programming. The team of presenters included:
- Kaye Daugherty, Director of Human Resources and Legal Recruitment, Rumberger Kirk & Caldwell, P.A.
- Korey Henson, Associate Director of Career & Professional Development, Stetson University College of Law
- Linda Vandercook, Director of Professional Development & Recruitment, Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Commit - Be committed to the students, to the law school, and to the employers. All perspectives are a little different, but we’re either committed or we are not. It does not work unless you are “all in.”
- Communicate –Communication is key, always - Increasing and improving communication between law schools and recruiting professionals strengthens relationships, which in turn improves recruiting results. It’s a win for students, a win for law schools, and a win for law firms.
- Invest the time - Having the right people in the right positions who are willing to invest the time needed (travel, phone calls, participating in special events on campus and at the law firms, actively attending conferences) is critical.
- Gain support - The decision-makers (and those who approve expenditures) at the law schools and law firms must “buy in” to the importance of establishing opportunities for being present and participating in activities at the schools and at the law firms. It works both ways.
08.22.19 Rebecca Arends Joins the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Board of Trustees, Suncoast Chapter Read Article >>
08.14.19 Out and about in the Community: Delivering Backpacks for Back to School Read Article >>
08.02.19 A Call to Duty – Steve Berlin's Path to West Point and Beyond Read Article >>
08.02.19 Another Mock Trial in the Books! Read Article >>
07.23.19 Designing Success: Meredith Lees Employs Creative Strategies in Her Professional and Personal Life Read Article >>
07.18.19 Samantha Duke: Having a Career and Family are not Mutually Exclusive Read Article >>
06.28.19 From the Classroom to the Courtroom, Fred Clarke Talks about His Journey into Law and His Many Interests Outside the Courtroom Read Article >>
06.26.19 2nd Annual International Food Festival Celebrates Our Diversity and Many Cultures Read Article >>
04.26.19 Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell Raced through Miami for the 2019 Miami Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run Read Article >>
04.18.19 "Peep It Up" Spring Care Packages are Blooming with Goodies for Troops Serving Overseas Read Article >>