Director of Human Resources and Legal Recruitment Kaye Daugherty Presents at the NALP Annual Conference
04.27.18 | Permalink
The presentation focused on how law firms and law schools can work together to develop uniquely fulfilling, beneficial, and better informed professional development programming. The team of presenters included:
- Kaye Daugherty, Director of Human Resources and Legal Recruitment, Rumberger Kirk & Caldwell, P.A.
- Korey Henson, Associate Director of Career & Professional Development, Stetson University College of Law
- Linda Vandercook, Director of Professional Development & Recruitment, Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Commit - Be committed to the students, to the law school, and to the employers. All perspectives are a little different, but we’re either committed or we are not. It does not work unless you are “all in.”
- Communicate –Communication is key, always - Increasing and improving communication between law schools and recruiting professionals strengthens relationships, which in turn improves recruiting results. It’s a win for students, a win for law schools, and a win for law firms.
- Invest the time - Having the right people in the right positions who are willing to invest the time needed (travel, phone calls, participating in special events on campus and at the law firms, actively attending conferences) is critical.
- Gain support - The decision-makers (and those who approve expenditures) at the law schools and law firms must “buy in” to the importance of establishing opportunities for being present and participating in activities at the schools and at the law firms. It works both ways.
06.22.18 First Annual International Food Festival was a Delicious Success Read Article >>
06.19.18 James Walsh Celebrates 50th Graduation Reunion at West Point Read Article >>
06.15.18 Hooray for the Red, White & Blue! Read Article >>
05.22.18 Avi Solomon Earns Security Certification from the International Information System Security Certification Consortium Read Article >>
05.22.18 Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell Celebrates Diversity in the Workplace and Honors Asian and Pacific Island American Attorneys This Month Read Article >>
05.22.18 Rumberger Kicks off the Summer Associate Program and Welcomes Law Students Read Article >>
04.27.18 Director of Human Resources and Legal Recruitment Kaye Daugherty Presents at the NALP Annual Conference Read Article >>
04.24.18 YMCA of South Florida Young Professionals Mentor High School Students Read Article >>
03.07.18 RKC’s Cookin’ Counselors Spice Up Birmingham Read Article >>
02.20.18 Nicole Sieb Smith Remains Calm in Any Storm Read Article >>