RK Lawyer Supports Thanksgiving Basket Brigade of Central Florida
As Co-Chair of the Community Service Committee for the Young Lawyers Section of the Orange County Bar, Orlando associate Vaughn Glinton helped coordinate the group’s support of the Thanksgiving Basket Brigade of Central Florida. Members donated tailor-made baskets of food for a Thanksgiving feast for families in need at the “Thanksgiving Basket Brigade Happy Hour” on Tuesday, November 19. In addition to collecting baskets, the group raised $200 to purchase additional baskets.
For more than 20 years, the Thanksgiving Basket Brigade has been supporting families in need throughout Central Florida. This year’s event will be held on Saturday, November 23. For more details visit https://www.basketbrigadeflorida.org/. Anyone wishing to support the cause can donate a basket. Each rectangle, plastic laundry basket must include:
- $10 grocery gift card (for turkey, taped to the bottom, inside the basket or in a card for safe keeping)
- Cans of cranberries, green beans, and yams,
- Box of Stuffing
- Box or Bag of Potatoes
Additional items may include:
- Decorations for your basket—Top 3 Best Decorated Baskets Win a Prize!
- Cookies, Cakes, or brownies….sweets!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Marconi and Cheese
- Games, Coloring Books, Toys for Kids
- Other staple foods for Thanksgiving