Brian Padgett focuses his practice in the areas of bankruptcy and creditors rights and commercial litigation. He assists debtors and creditors in complex bankruptcy and restructuring matters. Brian also has experience in representing financial institutions in matters involving Truth in Lending and other regulatory matters.
While in law school, Brian served as a legal intern for the Alabama State Banking Department. Prior to law school, he worked for the U.S. Department of Treasury, Office of Intelligence and Analysis as well as Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Birmingham Bar Association
University of Alabama School of Law — J.D., 2015
- Alabama Civil Rights and Civil Liberties Journal, Senior Editor
American University — Master of Arts, International Politics, 2007
- Master’s Thesis: The Banking War: How Financial Institutions are a Battlefield in an Age of Terrorism
University of North Carolina-Asheville — B.A., Political Science, cum laude, 2004
- Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society
- Alabama — 2016