Dara Lindquist is Board Certified in Construction Law by The Florida Bar. As an expert in construction law, she handles a wide spectrum of construction-related matters representing developers, general contractors, design professionals, subcontractors and suppliers. She assists clients in complex contract, lien, bond, procurement, multi-million dollar construction defect disputes, as well as appeals throughout Florida. Dara is also experienced in contract drafting and review and dispute resolution.
Dara volunteers with her mother’s non-profit charitable organization, My Safe Harbor, Inc., and annually at the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida.
On March 30, 2012, the Florida Second District Court of Appeal upheld a May 2011 trial court victory obtained by Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell Tampa Partner, Brian Baggot, and Miami Associate, Dara Jebrock. Plaintiff sued Brown Automatic Sprinkler, Inc. in contract, seeking payment of expenses and other damages stemming from a 2010 arbitration between the parties. Jebrock authored Brown’s winning argument at the trial court level which Baggot argued before Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Court Judge, Herbert J. Baumann, Jr., on March 7 and May 10, 2011. On appeal, Plaintiff sought to reverse Judge Baumann’s ruling for the defense and have the appellate court impose some $300,000 in attorney’s fees and costs against Brown associated with litigation at the arbitration, trial, and appellate levels. Jebrock and Baggot co-authored RK’s Appellate Answer Brief which Baggot successfully argued before the Second DCA on March 21, 2012.
- The Florida Bar Construction Law Committee
- National Association of Women in Construction
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Orange County Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center — J.D., 2007
- Articles Editor, Nova Law Review
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Student Bar Initiative, Founding Member
- Defense Research Institute, Student Member
University of Florida — B.A., Political Science, 2003
- Obtained a certification in Public Administration
- Florida Blue Key Leadership Honor Society
- Assistant Student Body Treasurer
- Assistant Lobby Director
- Assistant National Public Relations Cabinet Director
- Student Senate Allocations Committee Chairwoman
- Florida — 2007
- U.S. District Courts of Florida (Southern and Middle)
- U.S. Court of Appeals (11th Circuit)
- Board Certified in Construction Law
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star, Construction Litigation, 2017
- Who's Who of American Students in Colleges and Universities, Fall 2003
- Presidential Honorary for Outstanding Students
- Author, "Options When a Construction Lien is Recorded Against Real Estate," Orlando Business Journal's Consult the Counsel, April 2018
- Co-Author, "Timely Revisions For Florida's 10 Year Statute of Repose," CONSTRUCTive Talk newsletter, Volume IV, Issue 1, April 2018
- Co-Author, "Time's Up! Or Is It? Proposed legislation in Florida would lengthen the statute of repose for counter, cross and third party claims in construction defect," Construction Claims, Spring 2018, Volume 3, Issue 1, The CLM
- Co-Author, “Is a Building a Product? Tiara and the Economic Loss Rule from Past to Present,” ActionLine (Florida Bar Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section) Vol. XXXVII, No. 4, Summer 2016
- Representation of developers, general contractors, and subcontractors in numerous multi-million dollar construction defect cases involving residential, multi-family and single-family homes, condominiums, and commercial buildings.
- Representation of national home builder in dispute concerning over 100 construction liens.
- Defense of national home builder in cases involving contract and tort claims.
- Performed evaluation of safety regulations for national developer.
- Representation of owner in dispute arising from renovation of beach-front hotel.
- Representation of national roofing contractor in lien foreclosure action brought by homeowners’ association.
- Representation of contractor in Miller Act bond claim.
- Successfully defended appeal arising from subcontractor attorney’s fees claim stemming from arbitration.
- Obtained a defense verdict for national company in a trial concerning a contract dispute.
- Obtained a defense verdict for company in insurance coverage case.
- Handled numerous multi-party mediations in various construction matters.
- Handled more than 200 depositions, including depositions of developers, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, engineers, architects, special inspectors, and industry executives.