Jake Marcus focuses his practice in the area of insurance coverage and bad faith. He defends insurance companies against first-party and third-party coverage litigation including water, sinkhole, and fire claims.
While in law school, Jake served as a legal intern for the Boston Housing Court. During graduate school, he served as an intern for the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Dade County Bar Association
- Team Intestinal Fortitude, Founder
- National Lawyers Guild
University of Miami School of Law — J.D., cum laude, 2017
- Inter-American Law Review, Articles and Comments Editor (2015-16), Executive Editor (2016-17)
- The Society of Bar & Gavel Member
Investor Rights Clinic Intern, Fall 2015
- Publication: Jake Marcus & Aaron Klein “Major League Baseball and the Cuban Influence: The Baseball Coalition Committee” 47 U. MIAMI INTER-AM. L. REV. 258 (2016).
University of Miami School of Business Administration — MBA, Mergers & Acquisitions, 2016
Stonehill College — B.A., Business Administration, Finance, 2012
- Athletic Director’s Honor Roll
- Varsity Cross Country and Track & Field
- Spring 2011 Study Abroad, Townsville, Australia
- Summer and Fall 2012 New York City Internship Program
- Florida — 2017
- Massachusetts — 2017
- U.S. District Courts of Florida (Southern, Middle, Northern)
- Co-Author, Let’s Make A NIL Deal Part II: High School Student-Athletes Look to Get into the NIL Game," March 2022
- Co-Author, "Let’s Make a NIL Deal Part I: The Type of Deal Depends on the Athlete’s State Law or Institution," March 2022
- Co-Author, Jake Marcus & Aaron Klein “Major League Baseball and the Cuban Influence: The Baseball Coalition Committee” 47 U. MIAMI INTER-AM. L. REV. 258 (2016).