Maziel Sodre focuses her practice in the area of insurance coverage and bad faith. She defends insurance companies against first-party and third-party coverage litigation including water, sinkhole, and fire claims.
Prior to entering private practice, Maziel worked as an in house staff counsel for one of the country’s largest insurance carriers handling third party suits and rendering opinions on liability, damages and value.
While in law school, she served as a certified legal intern for the Miami-Dade Office of the State Attorney, Felony Division and also for the City of Miami City Attorney’s Office.
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
St. Thomas University School of Law — J.D., 2010
- International Moot Court Team
- Mock Trial Team
- Book Award: Legal Research & Writing (Fall 2008)\
- Dean’s List (Fall 2009, Summer 2010, Fall 2010)
- Phi Delta Phi
- Cuban American Student Bar Association, Treasurer
Florida International University — B.A. Pyschology, 2007
- Florida — 2012
- U.S. District Courts of Florida (Southern)