Melanie Baker focuses her practice in the area of complex commercial litigation, professional liability and family law. She litigates professional malpractice claims, corporate and partnership disputes, director and officer liability, breach of fiduciary duty claims, as well as fraud and civil conspiracy claims.
Prior to joining RumbergerKirk, Melanie worked as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Hiram Puig-Lugo, Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
The George Washington University Law School — J.D., 2018
- Thurgood Marshall Scholar, Fall 2015
- Maurice C. Shapiro, University Public Service Scholarship recipient, Spring 2016
- Public Contract Law Journal
- Dean’s Fellow (Selected by the Legal Research and Writing Department to assist J.D. candidates) Fall 2017 – Spring 2018
- Writing Fellow (Selected by the Legal Research and Writing Department to assist J.D. candidates) Fall 2016 – Spring 2017
- Constitutional Law Seminar with Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, Fall 2017
- Moderator for GW Law Women in Government Contracts panel, Fall 2017
- Mock Trial Competition; Moot Court Competition; Alternative Dispute Resolution Competition
Florida State University — B.S., Psychology with a focus in Business, magna cum laude, 2014
- District of Columbia — 2018
- Florida — 2021