Stephanie Calcote focuses her practice on casualty litigation. She represents clients in negligence claims involving personal injury.
Prior to joining RumbergerKirk, Stephanie worked as an assistant state attorney in the State Attorney’s Office, 9th Judicial Circuit. She represented the State of Florida in more than 30 trials ranging from criminal traffic offenses to capital sex battery charges. She participated in jury selection, opening and closing arguments, witness testimony, cross examination, and a variety of evidentiary arguments.
In addition, she served as a member of a Domestic Violence Task Force where injunction-related issues were round tabled with a variety of agencies including law enforcement, domestic violence shelter representatives, victim advocates, judges, prosecutors, and civil attorneys.
- Orange County Bar Association
University of Florida School of Law — J.D., cum laude, 2016
- Dean’s List
- Book Award in Interviewing, Counseling and Negotiating for Fall 2015
- Gerald T. Bennett Inn of Court
- Student Executive Board Member- 2015-2016
- Student Member- 2014-2016
- Phi Alpha Delta, Fletcher Chapter, Executive Board- 2013-2016
- Criminal Law Association- 2013-2016
- Kaplan Representative- 2015-2016
University of Florida — B.S., Psychology; B.A., Criminology, cum laude, 2012
- Dean’s List, 2010 to 2012
- Phi Alpha Delta Fraternity, Pre-Law Chapter, Executive Board – 2010 to 2012
- Phi Alpha Delta State and National Mock Trial Team – 2011-2012
- Phi Alpha Delta State Mock Trial Tournament, Team First Place- 2011
- Phi Alpha Delta National Mock Trial Tournament, First Place, Best Overall Witness- 2011
- Phi Alpha Delta National Mock Trial Tournament, Team First Place- 2011
- Phi Alpha Delta Charity Team, Coach- 2012
- Florida — 2016