Nathaniel Johnson Recognized as a Black Achiever by the Eustis African American Heritage Committee
02.19.18 | PermalinkCongratulations to Nathaniel (Nate) Johnson for his recognition by the Eustis African American Heritage Committee as a Black Achiever on February 16, 2018. Nate was recognized for his community work, and in particular, for his contributions of videos that the Committee has sold to help it provide over 200 scholarships.
An asset to the community, Nate has coached baseball for 30 years, track for five years, and serves as a Boy Scout Pack Leader. He’s been recognized as Sailor of the Year, Volunteer of the Year and received a Police Service Award and a Top 5 Images Photo Award. He and his wife have been married for 30 years and have four children.
In addition to his role in the community, Nate is an important part of the RKC team. He has worked with RKC for 10 years as Operation Control Specialist in the Tallahassee office. Founding partner Thom Rumberger was particularly fond of Nate and depended on him to ensure that Thom arrived at his destinations with everything that he needed. A favorite story about Nate and Thom occurred in court when Thom went to make an argument. After the six or seven counsel for the other side introduced themselves, Thom said, “I brought my friend Nathaniel with me,” and then made his argument.
“Thom had a great heart and we were very close,” said Nate of their friendship. “He told me once that he thanked God for the opportunity to right a wrong when speaking of his efforts to assist with redistricting in Florida,” he remembered. “That really touched my heart.”
It’s clear from the comments made by his colleagues in the Tallahassee office that Nate touches hearts and spreads joy wherever he goes. Here is what they have to say:
- Carlie Duquette: “Nate is a light and a joy to work with. Clearly his talents extend beyond the workplace. He has been the go to guy in our office to assist with difficult video viewing and audio difficulties along with his day to day role and other duties as assigned. He has a ‘think outside the box’ approach and appreciates the urgency and importance of our needs on demand. This award is no surprise and he is a humble recipient who enjoys bringing laughter and smiles to all who cross his path. When my children didn’t have a veteran to take to school for the Veteran’s Day parade at their school, Nate was happy to go with them.”
- Hannah Monroe: Nate is the best! He is a true ‘company man,’ as he likes to say, who does not believe in “job duties” and will do anything to help anyone in the firm.
- Nicole Smith: “Nathaniel’s absolute dedication to the firm is clear the moment you meet him. His sly sense of humor keeps me laughing throughout the day and his kind and generous spirit have made me feel welcomed since I joined the Tallahassee office. Nathaniel is a wonderful asset to this firm and his community.”
- Richard Greenberg: “Nathaniel is a huge asset to the firm. He’s always willing to help the ‘technologically challenged’ among us and to perform any requested task with grace and humor. Unfortunately, he has one HUGE character flaw…He’s a gator fan.
- Linda Edwards: “Nate is a pleasure to have around, he’s funny and will do whatever he can to help; his genuine love for others is evident, nothing is too great or small for him to tackle.”
- Leonard Dietzen: “I have worked with Nathaniel for over ten years. Nate is always willing to go the extra mile to make our office run efficiently. Nate is a positive person who always boost office morale. He is a loyal firm member even though he is a loyal Gator fan.”
- David Marsey: “Nate never ceases to amaze me. He is a constant source of inspiration and his dedication to the firm and community is only surpassed by his enthusiasm. I am very grateful that he is part of our Tallahassee team!”
11.20.19 Orange County Young Lawyers Supports Thanksgiving Basket Brigade of Central Florida Read Article >>
10.24.19 Rumberger Hosts Dade Legal Aid's Leadership Academy Luncheon Read Article >>
09.25.19 Rumberger Welcomes New Associates Read Article >>
09.17.19 A Win for the Troops! Read Article >>
09.12.19 BBQ and Bingo with the Vets Read Article >>
08.22.19 Rebecca Arends Joins the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Board of Trustees, Suncoast Chapter Read Article >>
08.14.19 Out and about in the Community: Delivering Backpacks for Back to School Read Article >>
08.02.19 A Call to Duty – Steve Berlin's Path to West Point and Beyond Read Article >>
08.02.19 Another Mock Trial in the Books! Read Article >>
07.23.19 Designing Success: Meredith Lees Employs Creative Strategies in Her Professional and Personal Life Read Article >>