Chase Hattaway focuses his practice on complex civil litigation matters including employment, education law and casualty defense. He represents clients in state and federal court and has argued jury and non-jury trials as well as appeals in both state and federal courts. Chase has a diverse practice, but much of his work involves representing employers and higher education institutions.
Chase consults with clients on compliance with state and federal law and defends employers in state and federal court against various claims of discrimination including retaliation, harassment, whistle-blower and wrongful termination.
Chase represents colleges and universities on higher education matters including investigations by the Office of Civil Rights, student grievances, employment issues, general liability, Americans with Disabilities Act and other complex legal areas unique to educational institutions.
Chase also defends clients against personal injury claims involving catastrophic injuries and wrongful death.
- Retail and Hospitality
- University Risk Management & Insurance Association (URMIA)
- National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA)
- Risk Management Society (RIMS)
- Orange County Bar Association
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
Stetson University College of Law — J.D., 2010
- 2010 Inductee to the Order of the Barristers
- 2010 Ralph Harris Ferrell Competition Award
- 2010 Moot Court Award of Excellence
- 2010 Victor O. Wehle Trial Advocacy Award
- 2010 Who’s Who Among American Law Students
University of Central Florida — B.S., Politcal Science, 2007
- Florida — 2010
- Co-author, "Medical Marijuana in the Workplace: What’s Next?" Modern Restaurant Management, January 2020
- Presenter, "Responding to OCR Investigations and Avoiding Hidden Dangers," Community College Conference on Legal Issues, January 2020
- Author, "A Win for Cannabis Industry Workers," Cannabis Executive Industry, November 6, 2019
- Co-Author, "Medical Marijuana in the Workplace: What's Next?" Florida Restaurant & Lodging, Fall 2019
- Author, "Developing policies that prevent relationships from crossing the line: What universities should consider regarding faculty-student relationships," University Business, July 2019
- Author, "Protecting Your Business: The Basics of Non-Compete Agreements," Orlando Business Journal's Consult the Counsel, June 29, 2018
- Co-Author, "Cost of Convenience for the Grocery Industry: On-Demand Grocery Delivery Service Presents Possible Legal Ramifications," November 2017