Robert P. Barton
Robert Barton represents insurance companies in coverage disputes and bad faith claims in both state and federal courts. He assists clients in cases involving homeowners, automobile, and commercial general liability policies and payment disputes. Robert also represents clients in matters involving product defect claims.
Prior to attending law school, Robert served in Afghanistan as a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps, earning awards for his leadership and combat valor. Robert participated in the firm’s Summer Associate Program in 2017.
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
Co-Chair, Military and Veterans Affairs Committee (MVAC)
Stetson University College of Law — J.D., 2018
- Editor, Stetson Law Review, Articles and Symposium
- Stetson Ambassadors, Deputy Chief Ambassador
- Second Amendment Society, Vice President
- Veterans Law Institute – Pro Bono Initiative, Volunteer
- Honor Roll (Fall 2015)
- Phi Delta Phi – International Legal Honor Society
- Co-Author, “An Empirical Examination of Societal Expectations of Privacy in the Digital Age of GPS, Cell Phone Towers, and Drones” Albany Law Journal of Science and Technology, I Issue, Volume 26.
University of Tampa — B.S. Political Science, cum laude, 2014
- Florida — 2018
- Presenter, "Claims Handling: Understanding Litigation Strategy and Management," 18th Annual Claims Education Conference presented by American Educational Institute, International Insurance Institute and Society of Claim Law Associates, May 2023
- Author, "Florida’s Property Insurance Reform: The Impact on Carriers and Insureds in the State of Florida," December 16, 2022
- Co-host, "Insurers Take Note: New Changes to Florida Law Mean Changes in Claims Handling & Roof Repairs in the Sunshine State," Legally Qualified Podcast, December 2022
- Author, "RumbergerKirk Wins Another Summary Judgment for Carrier in Limited Water Damage Endorsement Case," September 2021
- Author, "Ruling Allows Insurers to Enforce Water Damage Coverage Limitations," Claims Journal, May 10, 2021
- Author, "Insurers Take Note: Florida’s New Assignment of Benefits Law," July 2019
- Co-author, "Morris v. Muniz: A Sword Against Whom?" October 2018