Robert P. Barton
Robert Barton represents insurance companies in coverage disputes and bad faith claims in both state and federal courts. He assists clients in cases involving homeowners, automobile, and commercial general liability policies and payment disputes.
Prior to attending law school, Robert served in Afghanistan as a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps, earning awards for his leadership and combat valor. Robert participated in the firm’s Summer Associate Program in 2017.
Stetson University College of Law — J.D., 2018
- Editor, Stetson Law Review, Articles and Symposium
- Stetson Ambassadors, Deputy Chief Ambassador
- Second Amendment Society, Vice President
- Veterans Law Institute – Pro Bono Initiative, Volunteer
- Honor Roll (Fall 2015)
- Phi Delta Phi – International Legal Honor Society
- Co-Author, “An Empirical Examination of Societal Expectations of Privacy in the Digital Age of GPS, Cell Phone Towers, and Drones” Albany Law Journal of Science and Technology, I Issue, Volume 26.
University of Tampa — B.S. Political Science, cum laude, 2014
- Florida — 2018
- Author, "Insurers Take Note: Florida’s New Assignment of Benefits Law," July 2019
- Co-author, "Morris v. Muniz: A Sword Against Whom?" October 2018