Small and mid-sized companies need the services of a dedicated, in-house general counsel, but they typically don’t have the budget for such a position. That’s where RumbergerKirk’s team of experienced attorneys can step in to provide the general counsel services that businesses need at a fraction of the cost.
We give companies peace of mind to accomplish their goals with high integrity and sound risk management. Our team of business-savvy attorneys are here to advise, act, and produce work product on a wide variety of legal and ethical issues that companies face.
We currently serve a broad range of businesses in a variety of industries including banks, insurance companies, airport authorities, associations, commercial property owners, gas distributors, physical therapy chains, franchisees, and startups.
Our team has experienced attorneys who have served as general counsel, in-house attorneys, and business consultants who understand business needs and operations.
Our team has extensive experience in complex business transactions and contract negotiations, debt and equity structuring, corporate generation, shareholders’/members’/partners’ agreements, corporate governance, compliance and regulatory matters, employment and labor issues, and litigation management.
- Advise on all material legal issues
- Support Risk and Audit Committees at Board level
- Compliance and Regulatory assistance
- Data Security
- Accident/Disaster response planning
- Crisis Management: internal investigations and outward messaging
- Corporate Governance
- Employment and Labor
- Policies and procedures
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Non-Compete agreements
- American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance
- Complaint investigation
- EEO and other training
- Contract Review and Negotiations
- CRE, Leasing, Management (including landlord/tenant relations and disputes)
- Risk Management/Insurance
- Litigation Management (oversee outside counsel and manage litigation reserves)
- Litigation Prevention (training/policies/procedures)
- Interim General Counsel to Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. Responsible for delivery of legal services to 10th largest airport in the United States; coordination of outside law firm activities; advice to the Board and staff at all levels.
- Former Deputy General Counsel to top-ten US bank holding company. Managed company-wide litigation; advised Board and Senior Management on wide-ranging issues.
- Served as inside and outside General Counsel to Regional Property Insurance Carrier. Responsible for regulatory compliance for two insurance companies, two managing general agencies and independent adjusting company.
- Former Interim Counsel for The America’s for Tupperware, a publicly traded company specializing in innovative kitchen products.
- Former Chief Legal Officer of Soul by Ludacris AKA Soul Electronics USA, a high-end celebrity owned and endorsed consumer electronics company.
- Former Chief Legal Officer of Recoton Corporation, a publicly traded company which was then the world’s largest consumer electronics accessories company.
- Former Counsel – United Technologies Corporation – a $60+ billion publicly traded conglomerate.
- Former General Counsel – The NanoSteel Company, a private company specializing in metallurgy.
- Currently serving as external general counsel for various small and mid-sized companies.