Darryl L. Gavin
Darryl Gavin practices in the areas of insurance coverage and bad faith and employment law. He represents insurance companies against coverage claims involving homeowners, property disputes, automobile, life and commercial general liability policies. In conjunction with his insurance coverage and bad faith practice, he is routinely called upon to handle appeals on behalf of his clients.
Darryl represents employers in the private and public sectors against allegations of civil rights violations and discrimination including those based on gender, age, ethnicity and disability. He also defends employers against harassment and whistle-blower claims, and in both administrative and judicial proceedings. Outside of the courtroom, Darryl speaks at employment law seminars on the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), discrimination and harassment in the workplace, and the hiring, discipline and termination of employees.
800 So. 2d 757 (Fla. 5th DCA 2001)
The court ruled in favor of client and held that the County’s public nudity ordinance did not violate the equal protection clause.
74 F. 3d 247 (11th Cir. 1996)
The court ruled in favor of client and held that airline owed no continuing duty of care to passenger for period between arrival at destination and scheduled return.
- Orange County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Trinity Lutheran Church and School — Elder
Florida State University College of Law — J.D., with honors, 1987
Florida State University — B.S., Finance and Risk-Management Insurance, 1984
- Florida — 1987
- U.S. District Courts of Florida (Northern, Middle, Southern)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, Insurance Law, 2013-2020
- Presenter, "First Party Claim Handling and Insurer Bad Faith," Claims Education Conference, May 2019
- The Americans with Disabilities Act, discrimination and harassment in the workplace, and the hiring, discipline and termination of employees — Speaker