Sally Rogers Culley
Sally Culley practices in the areas of employment, commercial litigation and insurance coverage. Her clients include restaurants, hotels, large banks, mortgage servicers, insurance companies, public entities and small businesses.
She represents both private and public employers in defending against employment-related claims including discrimination, wage and hour violations, whistle-blower violations, wrongful termination, harassment, and retaliation. She provides consulting and training services to clients designed to help prevent such claims and minimize risk. Sally also assists with the creation and enforcement of employee handbooks, severance agreements and non-compete agreements.
Sally also handles matters involving contract disputes, fraud, and statutory claims such as Florida’s Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act, and RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act). Sally also represents clients in commercial mortgage foreclosures and workouts, construction lien compliance and litigation, quiet title actions, bankruptcy, and collection matters.
Sally also has significant experience representing insurance companies in matters involving coverage and bad faith claims, reviewing and interpreting insurance policies, and related commercial issues and class actions.
Sally serves as the Administrative Partner for Orlando, which is the firm’s largest office.
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Federal Bar Association
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Orange County Bar Association
Business Law and Labor and Employment Law Committees
- American Bar Association
Litigation and Labor and Employment Law Sections
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill School of Law — J.D., 1996
Samford University — B.S., Business Administration, magna cum laude, 1993
- Kentucky — 2018
- Florida — 1996
- U.S. District Courts of Florida (Northern, Middle, Southern)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Co-author, "Medical Marijuana in the Workplace: What's Next?" Modern Restaurant Management, January 2020
- Co-Author, "Medical Marijuana in the Workplace: What's Next?" Florida Restaurant & Lodging, Fall 2019
- Panelist, "Medical Marijuana: What You Need to Know about Law and Liability," FRLA Marketing + Operations Summit, August 2019
- Panelist, "Workplace Cannabis," Orange County Bar Association Bench Bar Conference, April 2018
- Author, "How to Avoid a #MeToo Claim," Orlando Business Journal's Consult the Counsel, February 2018
- Co-Author, "First 'Gig Economy' Trial Decision: Independent Contractor," February 2018; Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association Magazine, Spring 2018
- Co-Author, "5 Reasons Your Sexual Harassment Training Isn’t Working," Law360.com, December 7, 2017
- Co-Author, Employee vs. Independent Contractor: How This Classification is Bringing Legal Challenges to the Gig Economy," October 3, 2017
- Co-Author, "What to Know About Website Accessibility Claims," June 2016