RumbergerKirk defends nationally known trucking companies in cases involving significant and catastrophic injuries, as well as wrongful death claims. Defense of these cases requires detailed onsite investigation, intimate knowledge of federal motor carrier safety regulations, and familiarity with experts in a variety of technical fields. Our attorneys work with experts in accident reconstruction, biomechanics, metallurgy, and a variety of medical specialties. Representing an industry subject to regulations at state and federal levels requires in-depth consultation with trucking industry clients on issues of evidence preservation and compliance matters that may impact the investigation of accidents and the defense of future litigation.
Familiarity with regulations governing the industry is a must, and we defend trucking clients in cases involving issues including weight, loading, lighting, driver qualifications and performance, and vehicle maintenance and repair. Our attorneys have litigated cases involving issues related to electronic control modules and claims arising from a variety of trucking accidents including rollovers, vehicle/ pedestrian, and multiple vehicle collisions. When cases have to go to trial, we bring courtroom experience backed by a deep reservoir of resources to our clients’ defense.
Our Rapid Response Team is prepared to assist our trucking and transportation clients 24/7. Serious accidents often occur outside of business hours, which is why our team is available to respond day and night.
Acting quickly after an accident can be critical to avoiding and/or defending claims and lawsuits. Physical evidence at an accident scene may only be available for a limited time after an accident, including point of impact, point of final rest, skid marks, tire tracks and debris fields. In addition, our Rapid Response Team protects the driver at the scene, identifies and interviews witnesses, and surveys businesses in the location for surveillance videos.
Throughout the years, our attorneys have been dedicated to serving our trucking and transportation clients by immediately commencing accident investigation. We routinely respond to the scene of trucking accidents throughout the State of Florida, day and night, to protect our clients’ interests. We take the necessary steps to ensure all available evidence is collected and preserved.
Our team partners with experienced investigators and experts in accident reconstruction who are on call with our attorneys to immediately respond after an accident. Together, we work with the investigators and experts to ensure key evidence is preserved, which protects against the potential of spoliation of evidence claims in the future. Our experts use state-of-the-art laser scanner equipment to quickly capture road conditions and evidence. The vast amount of data recorded by the laser scanner allows us to recreate the accident scene.
If your company or insured has been in an accident that needs immediate action, our team is prepared to assist.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a trucking company and driver in a rear-end collision resulting in two shoulder surgeries, neck injections and a recommendation for a future shoulder replacement surgery with a total damage request of over $3.2 million. Negligence admitted and entitlement to punitive damages admitted due to client driving under the influence of meth.
- Defended national trucking company in traumatic brain injury (TBI) case. After three days of trial, the case was successfully resolved for less than what was offered before trial.
- Successfully defended trucking case where the load on our clients’ flatbed trailer shifted causing the tractor-trailer to roll over. The Plaintiff suffered a broken neck in the accident. After two days of trial, a favorable settlement was reached.
- Obtained a verdict of 15% negligence on behalf of a trucking company and their driver involving an intersection collision resulting in the death of a young teenage boy. The demand was for more than a million dollars, the $7,000 verdict was upheld on appeal.
- Obtained a verdict substantially less than the demand on a case in which we admitted negligence in a collision. Plaintiff had to have extensive leg surgery.The trial was four (4) or five (5) days and the client was very happy with the verdict.