Paul Lipton is the firm’s Director of Professionalism, Career and Skill Development. His role is working with the associates and mentoring them in learning their skills, building their brand and finding personal and professional growth as successful litigators. Paul was a prominent South Florida trial attorney for more than 40 years and a shareholder at Greenberg Traurig until he retired in 2012.
A role like this is not common in law firms, particularly to be occupied by an attorney. Traditionally, in-house recruiting personnel are tasked with monitoring associate development. However, Paul’s role goes far beyond that of traditional associate integration. He works with the associates on a one-on-one basis and in small groups, attends functions with them and helps sharpen their skills in business development. As the firm continues its exciting growth, Paul assists in looking for new and innovative ways to provide an engaging and challenging work environment for our lawyers. “Paul’s unprecedented role with his vast experience provides meaningful opportunity for mentoring, career guidance and community involvement. Paul’s thoughtful approach encourages associates to pursue their goals while embracing their roles as young leaders in our community,” says an associate in the Miami office.
According to Miami office Administrative Partner, Scott Sarason, “We believe that there is so much more to a fulfilling career than just ‘being smart and working hard,’” Paul plays an important role in cultivating each generation of RumbergerKirk lawyers to be passionate about being a trial lawyer while maintaining the highest standards of professionalism.” He is currently the Co-Chair of the Eleventh Circuit Committee on Professionalism in Miami-Dade County. “With a very competitive marketplace, not only in hiring, but in lawyer retention, RumbergerKirk is taking a forward-thinking approach to provide our attorneys with this opportunity of career development beyond the traditional law firm standard.”
During his legal career, he tried numerous jury and non-jury trials in complex commercial, probate, estate and trust litigation involving national and international companies. His areas of law included complex commercial litigation, real estate and land use litigation, probate and trust and estate litigation, and legal ethics and professional liability.
Paul is also an esteemed keynote speaker and inspirational author. The veteran attorney published two books, “In These Five Breaths,” a novel, and “Hour of the Wolf-An Experiment in Ageless Living,” which is his personal journey in searching for personal fulfillment and living life without limitations or definitions.
- Co-Chair of the Eleventh Circuit Committee on Professionalism in Miami-Dade County
University of Washington, School of Law
Penn State University
- Presenter, "Live a Legacy of Meaning: Leadership Skills and Purpose," Dade Legal Aid Leadership Academy Class VII, October 2022
- Host, "Your Honor," A CLE Video Series from The Florida Bar Henry Latimer Center for Professionalism, April-May, 2022
- Panelist, “Pro Bono, Public Service & Professionalism,” Miami Law Con, April 2022
- Author, "Law Firms Should Assess, Adjust, and Overcome for Return to Work," Bloomberg Law, July 7, 2021
- Presenter, "Dade Legal Aid Leadership Academy: Ethics & Professionalism Session," June 2021
- Co-Presenter, "Professionalism in a Pandemic," Dade County Bar Association Bench & Bar Conference, April 9, 2021
- Presenter, "Ethics, Professionalism & Mental Health," 28th Annual Nuts and Bolts of Family Law Seminar, December 4, 2020