Peter J. Tepley
Peter Tepley focuses his practice on commercial litigation. He represents securities broker dealers, including clearing brokers, and their registered representatives in customer, employment, and industry disputes in FINRA arbitrations as well as in state and federal courts. He also represents public and private companies and their officers and directors in a variety of complex business disputes, including business torts and breach of contract cases. Peter defends businesses and individual officers and directors in class actions, including securities class actions. In addition, he represents fiduciaries and other parties in will contest and breach of fiduciary duty cases.
Pete is the Chair of RumbergerKirk’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Prior to his legal career, he spent nearly ten years in the computer software industry.
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- National Society of Compliance Professionals (NSCP)
- Birmingham Inn of Court
- American Bar Association
- Co-chair of Securities Arbitration Sub-Committee
- The National LGBT Bar Association
- SIFMA Compliance and Legal Society
University of South Carolina School of Law — J.D., cum laude, 1993
- Order of the Coif
- Legislative Editor, South Carolina Environmental Law Journal
New College of the University of South Florida — B.A., 1981
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court of South Carolina
- U. S. District Court of Alabama (Southern, Middle, Northern)
- U. S. Court of Appeals, 4th, 7th, 9th and 11th Circuits
- Listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers - General Litigation, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Panelist, "FINRA Arbitration and Enforcement: Current Issues in 2018 and Beyond," The Knowledge Group Webinar, April 5, 2018
- Co-Author, "FINRA Office of Dispute Resolution Party Portal Now Required," April 2017