Charles P. Mitchell
Charlie Mitchell defends manufacturers and distributors against claims under the Federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, state Lemon Laws, Uniform Commercial Code, Florida’s Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act and other consumer protection statutes. In addition to his trial and arbitration practice in Florida and other states in the Southeast, Charlie routinely advises clients on warranty fulfillment, compliance with consumer protection statutes, litigation prevention, and attorney’s fee shifting statutes.
His depth of experience in a wide range of both commercial litigation and product liability defense has made him particularly well-suited to defending warranty claims.
Charlie also serves on the firm’s Executive Committee.
- Boating and Marine
- Motor Vehicles
- International Association of Lemon Law Administrators (IALLA)
- Orange County Bar Association
- First United Methodist Church of Orlando
University of Florida College of Law — J.D., with honors, 1989
Davidson College — B.A., Political Science, 1986
- Virginia — 2018
- Georgia — 2016
- Florida — 1989
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts of Florida (Northern, Middle, Southern)
- Co-Author, "New Year, New Florida Summary Judgment Standard," January 2021
- Co-Author, "Video Evidence Sets the Stage for Florida’s Highest Court to Expand Summary Judgment Opportunities," September 2020
- Co-Author, "Increased Jurisdictional Limit and New Appellate Right within Florida's County Courts," July 2019
- Panelist, "Current Issues in Lemon Law Arbitrations," 2016 International Association of Lemon Law Administrators (IALLA) Annual Conference
- Presenter, "Seizing the Cure Opportunity, Evaluating Consumer Demands, Calculating Remedies, and Handling Attorney's Fee Claims," 2016 Auto Summit of the International Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals (SOCAP)