Fred Clarke primarily practices in the areas of product liability, warranty and commercial litigation. He represents automotive manufacturers in warranty and Lemon Law matters, and in the defense of alleged product defects. He also assists debtors and creditors in complex bankruptcy and restructuring matters.
Fred has obtained a number of summary judgments for clients in contract, warranty, and fraud disputes. He served as co-counsel in trial and arbitration. His trial victories include a defense verdict in a 2018 breach of contract dispute where Fred was lead counsel. And in 2019, Fred was co-counsel in a construction fraud trial where the jury returned a defense verdict for the client in less than an hour.
- Motor Vehicles
- Banking and Financial Institutions
University of Alabama School of Law — J.D., cum laude, 2016
- Finalist, John A. Campbell Moot Court Competition
- Articles Editor, Alabama Law Review
- Extern for Hon. Sharon Lovelace Blackburn
- Law School Ambassador
- Best Papers in Damages & Remedies and Alternative Dispute Resolution
The University of Southern Mississippi — B.A. Political Science, cum laude, 2007
- Minor in French
The University of Southern Mississippi — M.A. English, 2011
- Georgia — 2019
- Alabama — 2016
- Author, "The Supreme Court Hands Down a New Standard for Bankruptcy Discharge Violations," September 2019