J. Michael Rediker
Mike Rediker focuses his practice in the area of financial services litigation, which is national in scope. He represents clients in the areas of securities, corporate governance, broker-dealer regulation and litigation, RICO, bond issuances and bond defaults, product liability, fraud, corporate law, trust law and business torts. He has particular experience in institutional, derivative, class action complex and multi-district litigation. Mike litigates cases in federal, state and appellate courts as well as before the United States Supreme Court and United States Tax Court. He also represents claimants and respondents in FINRA and AAA arbitration forums.
In the course of his practice, Mike has represented institutional and individual investors of all types including state pension funds, insurance companies, mutual funds, financial institutions and private retirement funds, public and private corporations, and governmental entities. He also has considerable experience in the transactional and client advisory sides of securities and corporate finance.
In addition to his law practice, Mike served as an adjunct professor for the University of Alabama School of Law and Cumberland School of Law, teaching securities regulation and related topics. He has authored numerous articles, book chapters, presentations and continuing legal education study outlines.
Mike is listed in “The Best Lawyers in America” for more than 20 years in both commercial litigation and securities law. He is also listed in Alabama “Super Lawyers” and Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business for litigation: general commercial. In 2010, Mike was honored as “Birmingham Securities Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers.
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- American Association for Justice
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Rotary Club of Birmingham
Harvard Law School — J.D., 1967
Princeton University — A.B., magna cum laude, 1964
- Alabama — 1967
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U. S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U. S. District Court of Alabama (Southern, Middle, Northern)
- Chambers USA for Litigation: General Commercial
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation; Litigation -Securities, Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions-Plaintiffs since 1987
- Listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers - Business Litigation, since 2007
- "Birmingham Securities Lawyer of the Year," 2010, Best Lawyers