Douglas E. Ede
Doug Ede represents clients in a wide variety of business litigation and commercial transactions including purchase and sale of businesses, start-ups and business entity formation, business development, contract negotiations and mergers and acquisitions.
An AV Preeminent-rated trial attorney with more than 30 years of experience, Doug’s litigation experience includes representing Fortune 500 businesses, as well as small businesses in commercial disputes, distributorship litigation, industry litigation, personal injury, wrongful death, product liability, and construction claims.
Doug is also an accomplished Certified Circuit Civil Mediator with a robust mediation practice. He has more than ten years of experience mediating thousands of matters involving complex commercial litigation, personal injury, labor, first party insurance litigation, real estate, administrative and municipal actions, as well as medical, legal and accounting malpractice.
- Dade County Bar Association
Nova Southeastern University — J.D., 1988
Barry University — Master of Business Administration, 1988
Florida State University — Bachelor's Degree, Finance (Minor: Economics), 1984
- Florida — 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 14th Circuit
- U.S. District Courts of Florida (Middle, Southern)
- Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Co-author, "Arbitration: Embrace It or Avoid It? Considerations for Small Businesses," published in Daily Business Review, August 29, 2022