RumbergerKirk represents one of the leading companies in the pest control industry. Although the majority of pest-related issues are resolved in house, some customers make protracted litigation unavoidable. Consumers and commercial entities at times buy less expensive termite contracts that do not provide for damage repair. To overcome contractual limitations, consumers will sue in tort, alleging fraud, racketeering, and other nefarious claims in an attempt to obtain leverage in settlement negotiations. We are well versed in defending against these tactics.
- We work with experts in construction, forensic structural engineering, and entomology to present accurate and truthful damage evidence to jurors, courts, and arbitrators.
- We have gained enormous experience in defending pest control companies against attempts to sue as class actions.
- We handle matters for the pest control industry before the Florida Department of Agriculture and Attorney General.
- We help leading pest control companies revise their customer contracts for compliance.
- We represent chemical manufacturers and pest control companies in toxic tort casualty cases.
Aside from substantial trial experience, we have won significant appellate victories, which have changed the way these cases are litigated and the damages litigants may recover under certain legal theories. We handle matters for the pest control industry before the Florida Department of Agriculture and Attorney General and help leading pest control companies revise their customer contracts for compliance with the Department of Agriculture’s latest regulatory changes.