How to Cultivate a Positive Workplace Culture
At the Florida Educational Negotiators General Meeting on January 31, Sally Culley outlined steps to create a positive workplace culture.
In a positive workplace culture, employees embrace differences, support one another and are collaborative. Some key points Culley shared:
- Training provides the opportunity to communicate workplace policies both during the onboarding process and periodically for all employees.
- Follow policies to ensure that employees are treated fairly and consistently. Treating some employees differently than others causes conflict (and may lead to discrimination claims).
- Strong communication creates connection.
- Strong leaders create, communicate and implement a clear vision of the type of workplace that is expected and what the shared goals are.
- When the team is working toward shared goals, there is more collaboration, teamwork and motivation for excellence.