Twelve RK Attorneys Named Florida Super Lawyers: Seven Named as Rising Stars
ORLANDO, FL — Twelve attorneys from RumbergerKirk have been named to Florida Super Lawyers 2012, and seven lawyers were named Florida Super Lawyers Rising Stars.
Super Lawyers is a comprehensive guide to the top 5 percent of attorneys in the state, as chosen by their peers and categorized by city and practice area.
Through peer nominations and independent research by Law & Politics magazine, attorneys are asked to nominate the best lawyers they’ve personally observed in action. Safeguards are placed to avoid ballot manipulation, such as lawyers nominating themselves or “stacking” the ballots with only colleagues from within their own firms. Further evaluation is done based on peer recognition and professional achievement. Florida Super Lawyers is based on a survey of approximately 44,000 ballots of attorneys who have been in practice for more than five years.
The following RumbergerKirk attorneys have been named to Florida Super Lawyers:
- Scott M. Sarason – Personal Injury Defense: Products, Personal Injury Defense: General
- Douglas Brown – Consumer Law
- Lori J. Caldwell – Civil Litigation Defense, Personal Injury Defense: Products, Insurance Coverage
- Ernest “Skip” Eubanks, Jr. – Personal Injury Defense: Products, Personal Injury Defense: General, Personal Injury Plaintiff: General
- Daniel J. Gerber – Business Litigation
- W.L. “Bud” Kirk – Personal Injury Defense: Products
- J. Scott Kirk – Personal Injury Defense: General
- Larry M. Roth – Personal Injury Defense: Products
- Leonard J. Dietzen, III – Employment & Labor
- Darren Schwartz – Employment & Labor
- Robert L. Blank – Personal Injury Defense: General, Personal Injury Defense: Products, Civil Litigation Defense
- J. Richard Caldwell, Jr. – Personal Injury Defense: Products, Professional Liability: Defense
No more than 2.5 percent are named to the Rising Stars list. The selection process for Rising Stars is the same as the Super Lawyers selection process except that a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for ten years or less, and Rising Stars candidates do not go through a peer evaluation by practice area.
The following attorneys have been named as Rising Stars:
- Brooke L. Ehrlich – Civil Litigation Defense
- Marty Fulgueira Elfenbein – Civil Litigation Defense
- Nicole Sieb Smith – Business Litigation
- Lauren Fackender Carmody – Employment Litigation: Defense, Insurance Coverage, General Litigation
- Molly Cox – Insurance Coverage
- LaShawnda K. Jackson – Personal Injury Defense: General, Civil Litigation Defense, Products
- Michael Forte – Personal Injury Defense: General, Personal Injury Defense: Products, Consumer Law
RumbergerKirk provides litigation and counseling services in a wide range of civil practice areas including products liability, commercial litigation, intellectual property, environmental, employment, insurance, professional liability, health care and administrative law. Offices are located in Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Tallahassee and Birmingham, Alabama.