Legal Ethics: Multijurisdictional Practice Issues
Mitigate Unauthorized Practice of Law (UPL) Risks in Your Practice
During this National Business Institute (NBI) Seminar teleconference, Craig Alexander will help counsel understand the many UPL hazards presented by modern technology. He will review current applications of the UPL rules to ensure firms are practicing ethically and share best practices for extrajurisdictional negotiations, mobile law offices, vacation homes and pro hac vice admissions.
Course attendees can expect to learn:
- How to identify and analyze potential UPL issues in your practice.
- What you can and can’t do when advertising your services.
- What UPL pitfalls are associated with interstate negotiations.
- Get ethical guidance on telecommuting and working from a vacation home.
- How to navigate your professional duties in pro hac vice admissions.