Allan J. Rotlewicz
Allan Rotlewicz focuses his practice in the areas of insurance coverage and casualty defense. He provides outside general counsel for small carriers, as well as assists insurers in all aspects coverage disputes from pre-suit investigations and coverage evaluations to responses to civil remedy notices, declaratory judgment and bad faith litigation. He represents property insurers throughout Florida in first party coverage matters regarding claims for windstorm, fire, mold, theft, and water losses. He also has jury trial experience involving cases brought by insureds and vendors (AOB claims).
In his casualty defense practice, Allan defends clients in cases involving significant personal injuries and property damage. Throughout the litigation process, he advises clients on all critical issues, including Medicare compliance, worker’s compensation, and indemnification.
Before joining RumbergerKirk as a partner, Allan worked as General Counsel for Anchor Insurance Holdings providing guidance in all legal matters, ensuring compliance across all states. He advised senior leadership on matters of corporate governance, employment, privacy, debt & equity raises, insurance coverage, corporate and insurance litigation, and claims handling.
- Florida Association of Insurance Reform (FAIR)
Brooklyn Law School — J.D., 2008
- Unemployment Action Center
- Office of the Federal Defenders
- Judicial Intern for Hon. Donald Scott Kurtz, Supreme Court, Kings County
Muhlenberg College — B.A., Political Science, 2005
Superior Certificate in Spanish for Business Students – Cámara Oficial de Comercio e Industria de Madrid
- Florida — 2011
- New York — 2009
- New Jersey — 2008
- United States District Courts of Florida (Southern, Middle)
- United States District Courts of New York (Southern, Eastern)
- Co-author, "Eleventh Circuit Reverses its Prior Reasoning Finding: Settlement Agreements can now be Basis for a Bad Faith Claim," May 2022
- Co-Author, "Fourth DCA’s Decision on Assignment of Benefits May be Beneficial to Insurance Carriers Seeking Compliance with Section 627.70152," April 2022
- Co-Author, "Win for Florida Insurance Carriers on PIP Calculations," December 2021
- Co-Author, "Governor DeSantis’ Signature Means Great News: Florida Passes Insurance Carrier Friendly Legislation," June 2021
- Co-Author, "Florida Supreme Court Rules Extra-Contractual, Consequential Damages Are Not Recoverable in a First-Party Breach of Contract Action," January 2021