Justin M. Guido, CIPP/US
Justin Guido represents businesses, including startups and insurers, in all aspects of litigation from inception of suit through trial. He focuses his practice on casualty litigation involving claims of personal injury and negligent security.
Additionally, Justin holds the accreditation of Certified Information Privacy Professional from the International Association of Privacy Professionals. In this capacity, he defends clients in data breach class action lawsuits and provides consultation to businesses within the hospitality industry on information management practices.
Prior to entering private practice, Justin worked as a prosecutor at the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office where he conducted numerous bench trials and 20 jury trials. As a prosecutor, Justin obtained an all-count guilty verdict in a local high-profile case, which was the subject of a news article featured in the Miami Herald.
During law school, Justin completed numerous litigation-focused internships including internships within the Tort Division of the New York City Law Department, the Criminal Trials Division of the New Jersey Office of the Public Defender, and the Organized Crime Task Force of the New York Attorney General’s Office. Prior to law school, Justin worked alongside federal prosecutors in the Asset Forfeiture and Money Laundering Section of the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington D.C.
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- YMCA Young Professionals of South Florida
Pace University — J.D., cum laude, 2013
- Pace International Law Review, Article Editor
- Research Assistant to Professor Leslie Garfield
- Pace Law’s Grand Moot Competition, Semi-Finalist
- Dean’s List
- Extraordinary Pro Bono Service Award
George Washington University — B.A., History, 2007
- District of Columbia — 2019
- Florida — 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- IPP/US certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Co-Author, "What Can Marketers Learn from COVID-19 Privacy Considerations," Modern Restaurant Management, October 1, 2020
- Author, "4th DCA Declines to Impose Duty of Care on Security Company Employer of Pulse Nightclub Shooter," April 2020
- Author, “Collection and Protection of Biometrics: No Harm, No Foul?”, Daily Business Review, May 13, 2019
- Co-Author, “Attias v. CareFirst: Plaintiff Class Gets Foot in Courthouse Door in Data Breach Lawsuit,” Daily Business Review, February 14, 2018
- Author, "The Right To Be Secure Against Unreasonable Search and Seizure of Overseas Electronic Data? Daily Business Review, November 6, 2017
- Co-Author, "Clickwraps and Browsewraps Oh My! Terms of Online Vender Agreements - Are They Enforceable?" Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association Magazine, Winter 2017
- Co-Presenter, "Social Media and PDA Discovery - What's New and Where We're Heading", Florida Insurance Fraud Enforcement Conference, July 2017
- Author, "Enforcing 'Browsewrap' Agreements: Don't Make the Fine Print Too Fine," Daily Business Review (March 29, 2017)
- Author, “Four-Corners Rule Carries the Day on Hurricane Claim,” Daily Business Review (January 24, 2017)