Additionally, Dara volunteers with her mother’s non-profit charitable organization, My Safe Harbor, Inc., and annually at the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida.
Before joining Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell, Dara practiced in the areas of general civil litigation, labor and employment, insurance defense, premises liability, insurance agent and broker liability, real estate litigation, and condominium and community association law. While in law school, Dara served as an Articles Editor of the Nova Law Review, as well as a teaching assistant in the area of legal writing. Dara received the highest grade in Legal Research & Writing. Dara is the author of Securing Liberty: Terrorizing Fourth Amendment Protections in a Post 9/11 World, 30 Nova L. Rev. 279 (2006).
• Representation of developers, general contractors, and subcontractors in numerous multi-million dollar construction defect cases involving residential, multi-family and single-family homes, condominium, and commercial buildings.
• Representation of national home builder in dispute concerning over 100 construction liens.
• Defense of national home builder in cases involving contract and tort claims.
• Performed evaluation of safety regulations for national developer.
• Representation of owner in dispute arising from renovation of beach-front hotel.
• Representation of national roofing contractor in lien foreclosure action brought by homeowners’ association.
• Representation of contractor in Miller Act bond claim.
• Successfully defended appeal arising from subcontractor attorney’s fees claim stemming from arbitration.
• Obtained a defense verdict for national company in a trial concerning a contract dispute.
• Obtained a defense verdict for company in insurance coverage case.
• Handled numerous multi-party mediations in various construction matters.
• Handled over 165 depositions, including depositions of developers, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, engineers, architects, special inspectors, and industry executives.